So, I'm super duper excited because I got my teaching assignment for this coming practicum. In the Elementary Ed program, there 3 semesters of classes: 1st is the Arts semester, 2nd is your 1st cohort experience, and 3rd is your 2nd cohort experience. In your cohort experiences, you take classes for the first month and a half of school and then you are assigned to a classroom for 4 weeks to observe, help, and teach a few lessons within a classroom with a mentor teacher. After 4 weeks you come back and finish up your classes and end the semester. The 1st cohort you are assigned to grades 1-3 and the 2nd cohort you are assigned to 4-6 grades.
Seeing as we got the assignments today, (drum roll everyone) I got assigned to teach at Geneva Elementary School with the 1st grade!! I was hoping for an older grade, but I'm glad I can get experience with the younger grades. I'm excited to start getting hands on classroom experience as well.
So like I said in the title, watch out schools, here comes crazy Miss Swendsen!
 |
Geneva Elementary School (picture found from: http://www.oremut.info/uploads/2/7/4/4/2744670/7398014.jpg) |
No comments:
Post a Comment