Queenstown: (cont.)
We stayed at a hostel while we were
in Queenstown, which was rather interesting. For those who don’t know what
hostels are (I didn’t until coming here) they are basically “hotel-like” places
for travelers/younger aged people to stop and stay. You usually just pay for a
bed for the time you are there and you share a room with 7 other people as well
as a community shower and bathroom for your hostel room that’s outside the
room. I’m glad that since we were such a big group, all of the girls I shared a
room with were in my program with me… It would’ve been a real interesting
experience had I shared a hostel room with people I didn’t know. Another rather
interesting commodity of the hostel was a bar that was connected to it. So that
made for interesting nights as I tried to sleep with music blaring from below
our room. Overall it was quite the experience. Glad I had it… not too
interested in trying it out again.
Since I didn’t really get pictures of
the room, here are some pictures of me and one of my friends, Stacey, just
goofing around on the bunk beds. She was coming to join me from across the room
on her bunk.
Day three in Queenstown we woke up
early and headed to Milford Sound! Oh my goodness this place was absolutely
breathtaking! I LOVED going to Milford Sound and going on the boat ride through
the sound out to the Tasman Sea and back in. Everywhere I looked I was so
amazed and I took about a bazillion pictures, but for your sakes I will just post
some of my favorites.
Before we even got to the sound, the
drive over was gorgeous as well. Here are some pictures I took before we even
went on the boat ride.
As we went through the sound, the
boat went right up along the walls straight over to a waterfall a couple of
times; it was really cool and kind of wet. J
Day four we slept in a little bit and then headed to Lake Wanaka for the day. On the way over to Lake Wanaka, we stopped at an organic fresh fruits/other assorted foods market. It was a cute little place and I got a fresh fruit ice cream, which by the way is probably my biggest weakness here… I love fresh fruit ice cream and I am amazed at how creamy and amazing the ice creams are. We were also going to head to “Have-a-Shot” before heading to the lake, but some girls (me included) went ahead and went to the lake while the other girls had fun at Have-a-Shot. It was nice to just relax on the lakeside and enjoy the weather outside.
Want a grapefruit? It's huge!
Afterwards, we got back and we walked
around Queenstown. We found the burger place that the girls from last year absolutely
recommended, it’s called Fergburger. The burgers were huge! I ended up
splitting one with Alisha.
We also went and watched our newfound
favorite street artist, Pascal. We actually saw him after Milford Sound and we
liked watching him paint so much, that we went every night until we left just
to see the paintings he would come up with. This was my first time seeing a
street artist and watch them just paint right there. Probably my most favorite
thing about Pascal was that he painted everything with spray paint and it looks
just like a beautiful brushwork art. It really was amazing and me as well as 4
other girls ended up getting small paintings because we like his art so much.






No comments:
Post a Comment